The Adoption Process
- Do some research to find out if the German Shepherd Dog is the right breed for you.
- Complete an On-line Adoption Application.
- We will then review your application and check your vet
reference and landlord if applicable.
- When your application is approved, we will work with you to determine which available dog most closely matches your needs and your lifestyle. Not only must the dog be a match for you, but YOU must be a match for the dog. If no suitable dogs are currently available, we will keep your application active until a more suitable dog becomes available.
- We will allow you to foster to adopt a dog for up
to 2 weeks before making your final decision to adopt
- We collect approximately 2/3rds of the donation
fee up front. If you decide the dog is not working out we will refund your
money, less a modest processing/donation fee to the rescue. This amount can be
used towards a different dog.
Click here to complete a Florida Adoption Application
The Adoption Fee
We do collect an adoption fee when you adopt a dog from S.H.A.R.E. We care for these dogs because we love the breed and the dogs themselves. However, in order to continue our rescue efforts, we must recoup some of the costs of veterinary care, food, training, etc. Our adoption donations range from $200 to $500. The fee is based on the dog’s age and includes spay/neuter, microchip, vaccines and vetting. For puppies, it includes the required 3 sets of vaccines, fecal exam, 2 deworming along with other basic vetting.
The Adoption Agreement
When we place a dog with his/her new family, we hope it is a “forever” home. However, if the adoption does not work out for any reason, we require that the dog be returned to us. If at any time during the dog’s life re-homing is necessary, again the dog must be returned to S.H.A.R.E.